Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Curbside Chica: Kim of Camp Whimsy

Today, I'd like to take the opportunity to share a lovely blogger with you, Kim of Camp Whimsy. She's graciously taken the time to share a bit about herself, her favorite tip and some of what inspires her style. I hope you'll enjoy reading about her and seeing some of her favorite finds--be sure to stop by her lovely blog and say hello!
Kerry

I was introduced to vintage junk early on when I attended sales with my mom and grandmother. And I haven't stopped looking for good junk since! My favorite things to find are chairs and things for my garden including gates, old mirrors, concrete figurines and pagoda statues. I'm a sucker for things painted light blue or aqua.

My best tip is to find a local place that sells estate goods and definitely hit the yard sales if you live in a good area for that. You'll be surprised at what you may find.

As for my style, I guess I'm a little bit country, but I like ocean colors and incorporate a lot of blues in my decorating. I have several prints throughout my home of vintage travel posters from places I've been and loved, including Cannes and Nice. I've used the colors in those prints as inspiration for the rest of my home. I prefer old to new and as a result there are area's in my home that I feel are not completely decorated since I am holding out for just the right thing. I think it's better to find something you really want and identify with than to decorate with something that will be outdated and you will be tired of in a short time.



Prior to blogging I read many magazines and used their photos and articles to help me shape my tastes, my favorite magazine was Cottage Living (sadly not in print any longer) and also Country Living. Blogging is a great way to find inspiration from many talented and creative people. Smiles, Kim

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry, thanks for highlighting my blog, looking forward to reading more of your curbside finds in the future, smiles, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Camp Whimsy! Kim is so nice too, having replied to a few of my comments on her blog. I love her decorating style, and for anyone that hasn't discovered her blog yet, you've GOT to check out her posts on "the girls". Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post and a great blogger to do it about. Love all the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camp Whimsy is so great, Kim is so creative. Read her blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim is WONDERFUL! I'm a big fan, and a friend. She and I share a love for what I call "Coastal Colors"! Her blog has such a good vibe-- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim is so nice, she visits me and sends me emails when I make a comment. I love her blog and her "girls".
    Welcome to blogland, I'm having so much fun here. Come by and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore KIM! She has fantastic style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chairs are fantastic!!!
    Happy day,
    Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerry,
    I agree with you 100% you should decorate with things you love rather then be a slave to the latest fad. I enjoy making over things and seeing what I can come up with using a bit of creativity rather then alot of money. Now I am off to visit Kim's site as I have not been before!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so exciting... glad I found you...stop by for a visit, Dianne

    ReplyDelete